“customer” means an individual who (a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any goods or services we provide, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any goods or services by us; and
“personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
2. Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include your name and identification information such as your organization, telephone number, e-mail address and physical address. We also collect the information shown in the comment when you leave your comments on our website. We may also collect your Personal Information such as your name, e-mail address etc. when you communicate with our customer support staff over the phone or through e-mail.
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
3. We generally do not collect your personal data unless it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”) after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
4. We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
5. We may disclose your personal data:
(a) where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and services requested by you; or
(b) to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions with reference to the above mentioned purposes.
6. The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
7. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email / phone at (firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: 6777 6248), or simply by unsubscribing to our newsletter through the link provided to you in our marketing emailers.
8. Upon receipt of your request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
9. Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 7 above.
10. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and
disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
11. If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email or phone at (email@example.com / Tel: 6777 6248)
12. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible and we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. Should we not be able to respond to your request within fourteen (14) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
13. To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and where disclosing of personal data - both internally and to our authorised third party service providers, agents and partners - is done only on a need-to-know basis.
14. Although we provide appropriate protection measures, we cannot warrant the security of any Personal Information transmitted as these systems are not hack proof. Data pilferage due to unauthorized hacking, virus attacks, technical issues is possible, and we assume no liability or responsibility for it. You are required to be careful to avoid “phishing” scams, where someone may send you an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking for your Personal Information.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
15. We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In
order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data in writing or via email or phone at (firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: 6777 6248).
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
16. We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
17. We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
18. We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However,
if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to
ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection.
EFFECT OF NOTICE AND CHANGES TO NOTICE